[Zope-dev] Re: AW: AW: [Zope3-dev] I'd lobe to merge the zope3-dev and zope-dev lists

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Sun Oct 7 15:48:33 EDT 2007

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Zope 3 is a bunch of technologies for building (web) applications in the
> form of an integrate set of Python libraries.

Let's call those the "Zope Libraries". Because by now we have far more
than just the ones that came from exploding Zope 3 (e.g. all the ones
from the 'z3c' namespace).

> There are different web application frameworks that make use of these
> Zope 3 technologies:
>
> * Zope 2
>
> * the Zope 3 web application server (which needs another name in my
> opinion, as it's too confusing with "Zope 3 the set of libraries")

Why not calling it by the name of the *single* package that implements
it, zope.app.publication. That's where everything that makes Zope 3 is
implemented:

- traversal semantics, such as the look up of views
- security (by applying security proxies)
- transaction integration