[Zope-dev] zeo on solaris

Jodok Batlogg jodok at lovelysystems.com
Mon Oct 8 02:48:54 EDT 2007

On 07.10.2007, at 21:42, Dieter Maurer wrote:

> Jodok Batlogg wrote at 2007-10-7 12:09 +0200:
>> hi,
>>
>> it seems like we're going to deploy a pretty big installation on a
>> combination of solaris / RHEL servers.
>> the data storage of our application is based on ZODB (ZEO) and
>> PostgreSQL (with STORM) plus NFS for extfile handling.
>> so far it's planned to deploy ZEO, PostgreSQL and NFS on a fully
>> redundant SUN Fire 440 with Solaris connected to a Hitachi/Sun
>> StorEdge 9990 SAN.
>> i know ZOPE has/had some issues on Solaris (http://www.zope.org/
>> Members/glpb/solaris) we're talking about ZEO/PostgreSQL only...
>
> We are using Solaris in our backend (to run several ZEOs, postgres
> and NFS).
> Up to now, there have been no Solaris related problems.

do you know about the performance? if you compare a modern, fast
linux server - connected to the SAN as well?
i think the solaris machine will perform well if you need to run
multiple ZEOs...

jodok

--
"Simple is better than complex."
   -- The Zen of Python, by Tim Peters

Jodok Batlogg, Lovely Systems
Schmelzhütterstraße 26a, 6850 Dornbirn, Austria
phone: +43 5572 908060, fax: +43 5572 908060-77