[Zope-dev] Re: SVN: Zope/trunk/ Moved two implements declarations from Five into the proper classes.

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Sun Oct 21 10:15:50 EDT 2007

Hanno Schlichting wrote:
> Log message for revision 80945:
>   Moved two implements declarations from Five into the proper classes.

I object to this change. HTTPRequest does not really fulfil the
IBrowserRequest interface, and ObjectManager isn't a real IContainer
either. I understand that somebody made a mistake when they declared
them as such in the early days of Five. This is the reason we can't take
it back. But, at least as a sign of the fact that they're not (yet) the
real deal, this declaration has remained in ZCML.

A sensible step forward would be to make HTTPRequest a full
IBrowserRequest (we're getting there). As for ObjectManager, I think
IContainer implies a couple of semantics (such as unicode names, the
sending of events, etc.) that we should look closer at before deciding.