AW: [Zope-dev] Re: [Plone-developers] zcml entry points

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Thu Oct 25 08:10:53 EDT 2007

Hi all,

> Betreff: Re: [Zope-dev] Re: [Plone-developers] zcml entry points
>
> On 10/25/07, Chris McDonough <chrism at plope.com> wrote:
> > > I can definitely see a use in the zope3 and grok world
> for some more
> > > ZODB persistent configuration. Maybe much of what is
> today actually
> > > done in ZCML shuld rather be done there?
> >
> > Does it need to be persistent or just placeful?
>
> I'd want it to be persistent, but I can't say it "needs" to
> be. :-) Something GenericSetup-like to configure which
> components should be configured would be nice.

Just a side note

Take a look at z3c.baseregistry, there is a great pattern.

If something has to be in a registry for a site,
you can use a basregsitry and give the site this
additional registry. This means a baseregistry
is a global registry, persistent assigned to a local
site.

Baseregistries can be assigned to one or more local
sites. Such a baseregistry could contain a full
grock or plone setup, all done in zcml and only
assigned to one specific local site.

The baseregistry concept was developed for heavy
customizing of different instances sharing the same
codebase including configure.zcml

Regards
Roger Ineichen