[Zope-dev] zc.buildout installing parts not asked for

TIm Terlegård tim.terlegard at valentinewebsystems.se
Sat Oct 27 15:39:59 EDT 2007

When using zc.buildout I discovered that it installed a part that I
didn't
specify in the 'parts' option. This happened because I referenced this
part somewhere else. Is this how it's supposed to be? I would prefer
if it
only installs the parts I specify in parts. I don't see anything
wrong with
reusing options from a part that I don't necessarily want to install.

This is a buildout.cfg that will reproduce it. The 'notusedinparts'
part is
installed even if not specified in 'parts'. It's installed because of
the
'dummy' option in the 'tok' section. Is this how it was meant to be?

[buildout]
develop = recipes
parts = tok

[tok]
recipe = recipes:debug
dummy = ${notusedinparts:someoption}

[notusedinparts]
recipe = recipes:debug
someoption = why

/Tim

ps. I tried to send this to the distutils-sig list, but it got stuck
in mailman
saying "Message has a suspicious header" and it doesn't look like
anyone wants to approve the email, so I'm trying here instead.