[Zope-dev] Re: Let's fix the damned website

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Sat Apr 5 16:41:47 EDT 2008

Paul Carduner wrote:
> On Apr 5, 2008, at 12:11 PM, Martin Aspeli <optilude at gmx.net> wrote:
>> There's no content that isn't visible to anonymous on the site.
>>
>> Basically, we originally thought we would have one
>> documentation/"learn" section for all Zope technologies. However, it
>> seemed to make more sense to have a folder for each sub-project
>> (zope 2, zope 3, cmf, zodb) and keep documentation there.
>>
>> What questions do you have?
>
> Ah now I understand and found the Zope 3 section. One question I have
> is how the site might integrate with the apidoc tool. At least with
> Zope 3, a lot of good updated documentation lives in the svn
> repository in the form of Restructured .txt files. All it would take
> to make these documents easier to find and read is to hook them into
> apidoc and make a nicer skin for the apidoc book section with the look
> and feel of the new site. Basically, I want to write documentation
> once (in svn) and have it appear nicely formatted in multiple places:
> pypi, apidoc, zope.org, and wherever else. Will this be possible/is it
> part of the plan?

In the short term, I suggest we publish APIdocs standalone somewhere
like api.zope.org. I think it should be integrated eventually (and I
think this could be done quite nicely with a custom content type), but I
don't want to hold up publishing of the website for the sake of
technology development.

We would then just link to this documentation as necessary.

Martin