[Zope-dev] Re: Let's fix the damned website

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Apr 7 19:57:06 EDT 2008

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Yeah, I know this is really a "me too" post, but I think we should err
> on the side of conventional for our website. We can't go from
> out-of-date boring to cutting edge hip in one giant leap; it won't be
> believable. Let's stick with what people know from other sites, and
> emphasize our serious rock-solid powerful flexibility experience thing.

+ sys.maxint

> A few frills here and there are permitted, of course.

Actually, no frills please. They just come back to bite us every damned
time. It looks like we're gonna get lumbered with Plone again but can we
please please please make sure it's stable, conservative, maintainable
release rather than some bleeding edge thing that becomes a total
maintenance dead end?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk