[Zope-dev] Re: Five and browser-oriented components

Malthe Borch mborch at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 07:11:20 EDT 2008

Daniel Nouri wrote:
> Therefore, I'd argue that we should, in contrary to what you suggest,
> make the Zope 2 compatibility layer more explicit in the form of utility
> functions, instead of more implicit.  Because it makes things more
> transparent and easier to debug.

You might be right; but it's a very bad place to be, stuck in the middle
of two frameworks. We're duplicating code all over the place, and while
this has obvious inherent qualities, it also wears us out as a community.

I fail to understand why people are not more motivated to get rid of all
the cruft. There are times when I wish the ship would sink, if only to
get on with it.

\malthe