[Zope-dev] straighting out the SQLAlchemy integration mess

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Apr 10 14:04:20 EDT 2008

Hi there,

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 7:04 PM, Brian Sutherland
<brian at vanguardistas.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 12:51:53PM -0400, Kapil Thangavelu wrote:
>  > that sound good, i'd like to see a common base layer, providing transaction
>  > support, simple containers.
>
>  Actually, containers are one of the things I think should be explicitly
>  excluded from a base SQLAlchemy integration package.
>
>  You could do the same thing by IPublishTraverse plugins as well.

Agreed. I think the common base layer should do the minimum
transaction integration stuff and leave any policy to layers on top.

Hopefully we'll arrive at a commonly used package for containers too
at some point, but we'll see about that then.

Regards,

Martijn