[Zope-dev] Re: Five and browser-oriented components

Hanno Schlichting plone at hannosch.info
Tue Apr 15 16:49:37 EDT 2008

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Alexander Limi wrote:
>> On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 10:11:11 -0700, Philipp von Weitershausen
>> <philipp at weitershausen.de> wrote:
>>
>>> *IF* you'd like to be pragmatic, I'd suggest we clean up those
>>> failing Plone tests, merge the branch and be on our way.
>
> This gets back to Hanno's suggestion of writing a clean test case that
> demonstrates this problem. We can then get it into Zope and fix it. This
> should allow cleaning up the Zope 3 integration in Zope 2 significantly.

I kept my promise and added the simple tests for the first two issues I
found while doing testing against Plone.

The third issue is more complex to reproduce in a simple way and has to
do with NamedTemplateAdapters and their interaction with
ViewPageTemplate files. I'll see if I can put together a unit tests for
it this week as well.

But for those interested in this, the first two tests should be a good
start. I wrote down the technical details on this from my point of view
to the list back in December. You can view that post at:
http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/2007-December/030548.html

Please ignore the horrendous code in that mail which I wrote out of
despair back then.

Hanno