[Zope-dev] Re: [Checkins] SVN: z3c.formjs/branches/pcardune-extjs/ creating a branch to see what I can do about extjs integration.

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Apr 21 20:05:17 EDT 2008

Jim Fulton wrote:
[snip]
>> We *still* can't put the ExtJS code itself into svn.zope.org, but
>> perhaps we can now allow checking in ZPLed code which uses it.

> No, we can't.  I am willing to be overridden by the Foundation Board on
> this.  Absent that, consider this an edict. :)

Actually we briefly discussed this in a board meeting today, unrelated
to this topic.

I think the general principle of the repository should be that if you
check out something, you can use it under the terms of the ZPL, and it
won't pull in something with more restrictive clauses that affect your
larger application. I don't think we've codified this principle anywhere
yet, so perhaps we should.

This is why depending on GPL-ed code should be avoided. Depending on,
say, something LGPL-ed or MIT licensed would be fine.

Note that I'm not speaking from any particular biased against GPL - I
accept that projects use it and it's an appropriate license.

Regards,

Martijn