[Zope-dev] Zope 3.4 available as packages based on setuptools tarballs

Brian Sutherland brian at vanguardistas.net
Wed Apr 23 02:58:28 EDT 2008

I'd like to announce that the SchoolTool project has finished packaging
a large proportion of the Zope 3 stack as separate Debian packages based
on the setuptools tarballs from the KGS.

The current development version of schooltool runs against this stack
which includes most Zope 3.4 packages and ZODB 3.8.  Many thanks to
Ignas Mikalajunas did most of the work in preparing and testing the many
separate packages in the zope namespace.

Currently we are using launchpad's PPA system as a place to organize
this development:

    https://launchpad.net/~schooltool-owners/+archive

    deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/schooltool-owners/ubuntu gutsy main
    deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/schooltool-owners/ubuntu gutsy main

SchoolTool decided to go down this route as the current Zope 3 release
and packaging looks to be on hold, with no end in sight.

I'm announcing this in the hope that these packages will be useful to
others.

--
Brian Sutherland