[Zope-dev] Zope 3.4 available as packages based on setuptools tarballs

Marius Gedminas mgedmin at b4net.lt
Wed Apr 23 16:36:51 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 09:48:45PM +0200, Christophe Combelles wrote:
> Marius Gedminas a écrit :
>>> Okay, so I think we should use the KGS and declare the set of packages in
>>> there as Zope 3.4.0.
>> The KGS changes from time to time, doesn't it?
>
> Normally this list should not change at all, and corresponds to the last
> released 3.4 version, aka RC, or did I miss something?

Only requests on IRC/mailing list to please update package zope.foo to
version x.y.z+1 in the KGS, because of an important bugfix.  I assume
changes like this will happen occasionally.

I'm happy to call the KGS "the latest released 3.4" version, but in my
mind that is different from "3.4.0".  I imagine there will be a 3.4.1
that matches the state of the KGS at some future point in time?

> http://download.zope.org/zope3.4/versions.cfg

I see this more like using an SVN checkout of the 3.4 branch, as opposed
to the 3.4.0 tag.  You get a stable version, but it may change over
time.

Just-trying-to-understand-the-system-ly,
Marius Gedminas
--
What can I do with Python that I can't do with C#?  You can go home on time at
the end of the day.