[Zope-dev] Re: new zope.org, sphinx, and documentation management

Paul Carduner paulcarduner at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 03:09:21 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 10:48 PM, Paul Carduner <paulcarduner at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 12:01 PM, Martin Aspeli <optilude at gmx.net> wrote:
>  >  I would start with the simple HTML approach, personally. It may be all we
>  > need.
>
>  Hopefully there will be a first sample of this in the next hour or so.

Ok, I setup a sample of what sphinx produces after a quite minimal
setup for z3c.form.  Check it out at:
http://docs.carduner.net/z3c.form/.  I made a few small modifications
to the existing documentation, which I checked into a branch on
svn.zope.org along with the sphinx setup generated for me by the
sphinx-quickstart command.  A few goody features include:

Full text searching powered by javascript:
http://docs.carduner.net/z3c.form/search.html
Module index with quick synopses:
http://docs.carduner.net/z3c.form/modindex.html (click on the plus
symbol after the big Z)
Cross links to other parts of the documentation:
http://docs.carduner.net/z3c.form/src/z3c/form/README.html

So far, I think this is pretty good for what took me maybe an hour.
Think of what it would be with some extra documentation cleanup.

--
Paul Carduner
http://www.carduner.net