[Zope-dev] Re: Zope(2|3) on Python 2.5

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Apr 28 09:58:19 EDT 2008

Hi there,

Chris Withers wrote:
> Since it appears everything Zope-ish now runs on Python 2.5, what's
> still stopping a release of Zope 2 and Zope 3 which recommends or
> support Python 2.5?

I wouldn't say Zope 2 is fully ported over yet. We have a summer of code
project to make sure that Zope 2 runs on Python 2.5. Once that is done,
we can move everything over to Python 2.5. If I understand the plan
right, hat'll probably be Zope 3.5 and Zope 2.12. I don't think there
should be a problem with Zope 3.4 saying it supports Python 2.5 too,
though. We'll start doing that officially for Grok too at some point.

Once Zope 2 has gone over to Python 2.5, we can start using Python
2.5-isms in our library code. We shouldn't do that before.

Regards,

Martijn