[Zope-dev] Re: [Checkins] SVN: zope.release/branches/3.4/ * Added latest version of zope.app.security to avoid deprecation

Christophe Combelles ccomb at free.fr
Fri Aug 1 10:34:18 EDT 2008

Stephan Richter a écrit :
> On Friday 01 August 2008, Christophe Combelles wrote:
>> Did you miss the CHANGES.txt in zope.release ? We have two histories now.
>
> Nope, but that file tracks the package -- source code -- changes of
> zope.release.
>
> I wanted a separate file that tracks the changes to the
> controlled-packages.cfg file.

In my understanding, there is almost no source code in 'zope.release', since it
has been moved into 'zope.kgs'. So there should be very few entries in
CHANGES.txt, and I'm not sure there is a real interest in having two separate
files. In my opinion, it adds confusion, people are more used to maintain
CHANGES.txt.
The other problem is there is no tag for c1, c2, c3 and c4. I thought
zope.release was meant to represent the release number of zope.

I would tend to:
- create a tag for all missing candidates
- merge KGS-HISTORY.txt into CHANGES.txt and recover missing information from
published control-packages.cfg

Christophe