[Zope-dev] zope.sqlalchemy dependencies does not respect setup.py dev egg

David Pratt fairwinds.dp at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 17:36:48 EDT 2008

Hi. I have been working with z3c.dobbin 0.4.1 which uses zope.sqlalchemy
and z3c.saconfig. The last usable state was 4 days ago when changes were
made to release of zope.sqlalchemy where dependencies were changed
without changing the version.

Revision 88953 was made to zope.sqlalchemy but shows the same package
version as 88952 (where SA dependencies were changed to no longer
include beta0.5.2). beta0.5.2 was the requirement for z3c.dobbin and it
will not work with beta0.5.3. Malthe is currently making changes to
dobbin in the interim so it will eventually work again.

I thought by checking out revision 88952 and using it as a dev egg in my
buildout, I could get back to work. Is this a bug in buildout since dev
egg should take precedence regardless? I guess there were some problems
with how this was handled. If trunk had been marked as 0.3dev it might
have made the difference because both were 0.3 regardless of the change
of state and dependencies. When I run the buildout the dev egg's
requires.txt is below regardess of what is in setup.py.  Doesn't matter
what I do my build fails. Any suggestions? Many thanks.

Regards,
David

requires.txt

setuptools
SQLAlchemy>=0.4.7,!=0.5.0beta1,!=0.5.0beta2
transaction
zope.interface

[test]
zope.testing