[Zope-dev] [Checkins] SVN: zope.dublincore/trunk/ Move test-dependenciesto 'extras'.

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Fri Aug 29 18:37:03 EDT 2008

Hi Fred

> Betreff: Re: [Checkins] SVN: zope.dublincore/trunk/ Move
> test-dependenciesto 'extras'.
>
> On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 5:13 PM, Malthe Borch
> <mborch at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Log message for revision 90599:
> >  Move test-dependencies to 'extras'.
>
> This is a controversial change; can we avoid making changes
> like this until a policy is agreed upon?

The consensus was to move the testing dependencies to
extras_require.

We really need to get rid of loading zope.app.testing
as a core package for our production applications.

install_requires only needs to install what is needed
for production.

I really like to do the next couple weeks and month
some cleanup work and this is a fundamental part.

> The controversy surrounding this has been discussed on
> zope-dev several times; I don't want to rehash it *right
> now*, since we all have things we need to get done.

come on, that's a real bad answer and will only stop others
from doing the right thing for you. We can't take care
on everybody if we do cleanup work. And you have always
the option to relay on the KGS or other egg versions.

Regards
Roger Ineichen