[Zope-dev] zope.index

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Tue Dec 2 06:38:20 EST 2008

On Tue, Dec 02, 2008 at 02:04:39AM +0300, Dan Korostelev wrote:
> I just removed zope.testing from the zope.index dependency and
> replaced zope.testing.doctest imports with plain python doctest and it
> seems to work with python 2.4 and 2.5 here. Now, it only depends on
> ZODB3 and zope.interface, which is nice :) Is there any objections on
> this?

Yes.

Using 'import doctest' rather than 'from zope.testing import doctest'
was a pretty reliable way to break test.py --coverage, at least on
Python 2.4.

Please use

    try:
        # needed for reliable unit test coverage measurement
        from zope.testing import doctest
    except ImportError:
        import doctest

instead.

> If no, can someone make a release on PyPI of this package?

Marius Gedminas
--
... there is always a well-known solution to every human problem -- neat,
plausible, and wrong.