[Zope-dev] Deprecate ITerms in zope.app.form? [Re: zope.browser?]

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 19:08:27 EST 2008

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 6:36 PM, Tres Seaver <tseaver at palladion.com> wrote:
> If we just leave the name importable from the old location, what is
> hurt?  The major downside is that people won't learn about the new
> location.  I consider this to be less an issue than the two problems I
> outline above.

Agreed.  Moving things around in public packages without preserving
backward compatibility creates real nuisances, and just not generating
warnings avoids lots of pain.

This doesn't mean that you can't teach people about new locations; you
just don't need to do it every time they run your code.

  -Fred