[Zope-dev] Next Step to Bug Resolution???

Tim Cook timothywayne.cook at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 22:48:41 EST 2008

Thanks Dieter,

On Fri, 2008-12-19 at 19:41 +0100, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> I often approach situations like this with so called "Monkey Patches":
> I replace or enhance classes or methods during startup (triggered
> by some startup event).
>
> This may not be optimal but allows me to solve my problems without
> tight coupling with the core developpers who usually do not have
> my problems and tend not see them as very high priority.

I am starting to see why other Python developers aren't too interested
in Zope.  Despite the awesome power of the architecture.

I've been poking around and using and supporting Zope since 1999.  But
because I am not an expert programmer (my skills are in another field)
and because I do not know Zope inside and out.  I am being chastised for
not supplying my own complete fixes to the developers or at least being
able to cover for their mistakes inside my application.  Silly me.
Working in open source for 14 years and I had no idea it worked like
this.

I'm sure glad that we do not run openEHR like that.

Cheers,
Tim

--
Timothy Cook, MSc
Health Informatics Research & Development Services