[Zope-dev] Using zope.proxy for read-only instances

Andreas Kopecky andreas.kopecky at meduniwien.ac.at
Mon Dec 22 05:34:35 EST 2008

Hi,

My first question regarding that would be: why use zope.proxy for it.
Personally - not knowing what exactly you have in mind ofc - i'd use
something along the lines of

class Proxy(object):

    def __init__(self, obj):
        self.obj = obj

    def __getattr__(self, attribute):
        return getattr(obj, attribute)

maybe add a check of the returned attribute is callable or so.

Andreas