[Zope-dev] Sorting for zope.index

Dan Korostelev nadako at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 12:34:48 EST 2008

2008/12/27 Chris McDonough <chrism at plope.com>:
> Dan Korostelev wrote:
>> I also made an implementation for the FieldIndex that may not be too
>> optimal, but I'm currently most interested in clean and universal
>> IIndexSort definition that any index could efficiently implement.
>
> I've done this work too... but outside zope.index... please see (for example):
>
> http://svn.repoze.org/repoze.catalog/trunk/repoze/catalog/indexes/field.py
>
> It's reasonably optimized.

Thanks for the point. That's something I was going to write to add
optimizations for FieldIndex sorting, now I only need to adapt your
code and that's great! :-)

However, the more important thing for now is the IIndexSort interface
declaration. Is it okay and fits any possible sortable index? ;-)

--
WBR, Dan Korostelev