[Zope-dev] pinning, nailing and kgs'ing

Kevin Teague kevin at bud.ca
Mon Feb 4 04:04:58 EST 2008

On Feb 3, 2008, at 10:50 AM, Tim Terlegård wrote:

> On Feb 3, 2008, at 3:35 AM, Kevin Teague wrote:
>
>> I wanted to try using the snowsprint-viewlets2 branch of grok in my
>> project the other day. It took me a little time to figure out how
>> to do this, so I thought it'd be nice if there was a bit of
>> documentation on how-to pull in a development version of Grok into
>> a grok project, so I wrote this:
>>
>> http://grok.zope.org/documentation/how-to/trail-blazing
>
> I couldn't access this page.

You should be able to see the page if you log-in? It's not published
because I wanted to get the terminology straight first.

I may also re-work the text a bit. At first I was just going to do a
very short "How-to develop from a trunk/branch" thing and I marked the
Audience field as "Advanced Developer" but then I ended up writting a
bit more about eggs and buildout in general, since I think we could
use a better explanation of *why* eggs and buildout were developed
(and why they are so cool). Otherwise when comparing Zope 3/Grok with
other frameworks at first glance it seems like there is just a whole
bunch of extra complexity and you don't really understand the benefits
until you've spend a fair bit of time learning and working with the
tool.

I did get Viewlets working in my Grok project, good stuff :)