[Zope-dev] How individual package versions are used in a release?

Christophe Combelles ccomb at free.fr
Mon Feb 4 16:31:15 EST 2008

Dmitry Vasiliev a écrit :
> Hi All!
>
> I've just updated Russian translation at zope.app.locales and notice
> tags for all previous releases of the package. The question is should I
> create new tag (and update setup.py or something) for the package to be
> included into the next Zope 3 release? Links to a release politics for
> individual packages is greatly appreciated.

You have some very useful docs here:

Maintaining software:
http://svn.zope.org/Sandbox/philikon/foundation/maintaining-software.txt?view=markup

Releasing software:
http://svn.zope.org/Sandbox/philikon/foundation/releasing-software.txt?view=markup

And a few useful messages here:

http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope3-dev/2007-September/023702.html
http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope3-dev/2007-September/023724.html

I suppose (?) it's not too late for releasing zope.app.locales 3.4.2
and integrating it in zope 3.4.0 because there is few risks related to
translations. And it's a very good way to learn the path from the po file up to
the final zope release :)
Actually it would be nice to see all other translations updated.

Christophe