[Zope-dev] Zope 3 without ZODB

Jim Washington jwashin at vt.edu
Fri Feb 15 09:15:06 EST 2008

Kapil Thangavelu wrote:
> try ore.wsgiapp in pypi, you provide a root utility and traversal
> begins from there, the zodb is never opened. the default publication
> looks up the app root via utility and traversal continues from there.
> i've been using it successfully for a number of relational apps
> without the zodb.
Thanks, Kapil.

I spent a day on it, and never got past error pages.  Maybe my problem
was starting with a zopeproject.

Anyway, it got me to take a good look at pylons, which I think is a
better match for web development without ZODB.

I found I can still use adapters and utilities by using zope.component
and zope.interface. :)

zif.sedna (newly beta2 in pypi) now has instructions for using its zope3
database adapter with repoze.tm in pylons.

- Jim Washington