[Zope-dev] Re: Sessions, ConflictError and emails

Laurence Rowe l at lrowe.co.uk
Tue Feb 19 05:30:29 EST 2008

See the discussion on plone-dev a while ago, "link integrity checking
will make Plone 3.0 broken and dangerous". Worth trying with 2.9.8 at least.

Laurence

--On 18. August 2007 21:03:43 +0200 Andreas Jung

<wichert at wiggy.net>
 > wrote:
 >
 >> Previously Andreas Jung wrote:
 >>> Having SecureMailhost as a replacement for MailHost would have been a
 >>> nice addition to the Zope core..but you choose to go with your own
 >>> implementation :->
 >>
 >> If possible I want to try and move Plone 3.5 to zope.sendmail, which
 >> seems to be much cleaner than all the
 >> MailHost/SecureMailHost/DropMailHost/etc. products combined.
 >>

 > There is now TransactionalMailHost (on top of zope.sendmail)
 >
 > <http://svn.zope.org/Products.TransactionalMailHost/>
 >
 > providing transaction-aware Mailhost support + support for TLS/SSL
 > (like in SecureMailHost - however it requires yet an unofficial
 > zope.sendmail branch). I think this should make most Mailhost
 >     excrescences
 > obsolete. If there is some functionalty missing I would be happy to
add it
 > (if it makes sense).

In addition the same functionality + asynchronous mail delivery (similar
to Maildrophost but without having an external process) will be
available as part of the standard Zope MailHost implementation in Zope 2.11.

Andreas