[Zope-dev] zope.mimetype dependency on zope.publisher

sean.upton at uniontrib.com sean.upton at uniontrib.com
Wed Feb 20 15:25:25 EST 2008

All - looking for a bit of input on a dependency for zope.mimetype
(zope.publisher) not advertised in setup.py for that package:

zope.mimetype.typegetter imports zope.publisher.contenttype for two
functions (parse() and parseOrdered()).  I'm assuming this dependency is
more historical than anything else, but I'm guessing out of ignorance.

I'm working on a minimal-dependencies CA application (using zope.schema
and zope.component only) that could likely use zope.mimetype in a
context outside of a full zope 3 web publishing environment, and I was
curious if this particular dependency is purposeful/desired?

Thanks,
Sean

 Sean Upton                     The San Diego Union-Tribune
 619.293.1451    Systems Applications Supervisor - Newsroom
                                     Information Technology
 350 Camino De La Reina
 San Diego, CA 92108               sean.upton at uniontrib.com