[Zope-dev] Changing the system user's title

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Fri Feb 22 11:38:20 EST 2008

Note that this only applies to the Zope 3 system user, which someday
will be used for Zope 2 I expect.

On Feb 22, 2008, at 11:32 AM, Benji York wrote:

> I have some automated tasks that invoke code that expects a
> principle to exist in the interaction, so I'd like to use the
> "system user" (principle ID zope.security.management.system_user,
> defined in zope.security) to perform them, but its current title of
> "Special System User that typically has all permissions" isn't
> exactly something I want to show end-users.
>
> I'd like to change it to something like "System User".  I /think/
> this change shouldn't affect people much because until recently this
> principle couldn't be looked up by it's ID (a recent fix to
> zope.app.security made it possible).

I'd prefer something even shorter, like "System".  I think if someone
sees this in a log, "System" will be less puzzling than "System
User".  An end user is likely to wonder "who" the system user is.

Perhaps a short explanation can be added to the description.

> If this proposal meets with support (or is totally ignored <wink>),
> I'll make a bug fix release of zope.security with this change.

+1

Jim

--
Jim Fulton