[Zope-dev] buildout 'versions' and 'develop' conflict

Christophe Combelles ccomb at free.fr
Sat Feb 23 05:54:15 EST 2008

Christophe Combelles a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> It seems that the 'versions' information in a buildout has a priority
> over 'develop'?
>
> What I wanted is to use the exact versions of the KGS:
> extends = http://download.zope.org/zope3.4/versions.cfg
> versions = versions
>
> Then for a particular egg (say, z3c.menu), use a develop-egg instead:
> develop = . z3c.menu
>
> However the develop-egg is never used, because of the version information.

My dev-egg was not used because its version was higher than was indicated in the
kgs, then buildout was eventually choosing the first egg that did correspond to
the version, i.e the shared egg, and not the dev-egg.
I just have to add a single version information for my develop-egg to override
the one from the kgs.
[versions]
z3c.menu = <version of my dev egg>

(Thanks to Aaron for the tip.)