[Zope-dev] Re: buildout 'versions' and 'develop' conflict

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 09:32:57 EST 2008

[Originally sent to Martin only; meant to send to the list.]

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 5:18 PM, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
 >  Meanwhile, you're satisfied already with actually looking at setup.py of
 >  the develop package and then repeating the version number *too*. It's
 >  fascinating how people look differently at these things, isn't it?

 Heh.

 We have buildouts where multiple versions of a package are used by
 different parts of what's built.  There's a real value in separating
 the meanings of "develop" and version requirements.

 We also typically work with the following settings, just to make sure
 we don't leave any information out of our build configuration:

    [buildout]
    allow-picked-versions = false
    use-dependency-links = false

 Having to repeat on ocaission isn't wonderful, but it's actually
 pretty unusual, and far better than leaving something out that can't
 be recovered later.

  -Fred