[Zope-dev] Re: buildout 'versions' and 'develop' conflict

Christophe Combelles ccomb at free.fr
Tue Feb 26 10:14:04 EST 2008

Aaron Lehmann a écrit :

> On Feb 26, 2008, at 9:38 AM, Christophe Combelles wrote:
>
>> Martijn Faassen a écrit :
>>> (...)
>>
>> The two easiest choices are 1) issue a clear warning in stderr, or 2)
>> rename 'develop' to something else.
>
> So, the people that understand either get spammed with warning messages
> every build,

You would get a warning *only* if you have specified a 'develop' option and that
option has no effect (because of a version).
I suppose nobody work in such a situation because it makes no sense. Either you
want to specify a version to let your develop-egg be used, or you just remove
the develop option. Nobody wants to specify an option while knowing it won't be
used.

The warning is just to tell "you have specified 'develop=' but your develop-egg
is not used and the egg version x.x is used instead.

Christophe

or have to change all their builds in order to accommodate