[Zope-dev] Re: five.customerize

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Jan 4 13:51:07 EST 2008

Martin Aspeli wrote:
> Tres Seaver wrote:
>
>>> That said, I suppose this should be either a conditional import or
>>> moved to a higher level altogether.
>>
>> - -1 to the conditional import;  + 1 to moving the code.
>
> Agree.

That sounds like the cleanest solution to me too.

Any idea on how this will be accomplished? I'm not in an awful hurry,
but what's currently released has a dependency on plone.portlets
nonetheless and I'd like to have some idea on how to get from where we
are to where we need to be.

What about the following plan?

* the people who made the plone-specific branch check this for any other
changes/fixes that are not plone.* specific and if they exist port these
to the trunk

* we then release a new version of the trunk. Plone 3.0 has locked-down
version dependencies, right? It should still retrieve the current
version in this case.

* the Plone team then can work on moving this code into the right place
for future versions of Plone so eventually they can make use of newer
releases of five.customerize.

Regards,

Martijn