[Zope-dev] Retry Fixes for zope.sendmail

Matthew Grant grantma at anathoth.gen.nz
Sun Jan 20 20:15:24 EST 2008

Hi There!

During the last few days I have been doing some fixes for zope.sendmail
to do with the trouble we are having with it on our Zope 3 application,
which actually sends a lot of emails.

Problems I in the fix are:

1) Handling of SMTP error 451 etc.
2) Cleaning stale lock links out of the queue
3) Handling Server disconnection
4) Handling of connect() failure
5) A bit of a clean up QueueProcessorThread so that it complies with
IMailQueueProcessor in interfaces.py

Events 1, 3 and 4 are handled by waiting for 5 minutes, and then
restarting processing.

I would appreciate hearing from the zope.sendmail developers.  Once I
have the code complete I will gladly post a diff tomorrow.

Best regards,

Matthew Grant