[Zope-dev] zc.testbrowser.real support for mozlab 0.1.9

Graham Stratton gns24 at mythic-beasts.com
Thu Jul 3 19:19:47 EDT 2008

> I've checked in a branch with changes to the testbrowser.real code to
> make it work with mozlab 0.1.9 (and firefox 3).

Hi Sebastian,

This is great. I spent all day yesterday trying to make this happen
and didn't get anywhere. Sometimes I wake up with a better idea as to
how to solve things, but I don't often wake up to find all the work's
been done!

I tried running the tests with Python 2.4. About half the time they
pass fine, and the other half fail something like this:

       File "<doctest README.txt[40]>", line 1, in ?
         browser.open('navigate.html')
       File "/Users/graham/development/patched_zc.testbrowser/src/zc/
testbrowser/real.py", line 201, in open
         self.wait()
       File "/Users/graham/development/patched_zc.testbrowser/src/zc/
testbrowser/real.py", line 193, in wait
         assert self.execute('tb_page_loaded;') == 'false'
     AssertionError

though for varying pages with browser.open(). I don't understand what
could be causing it; why would that value be changed in between those
two lines? I guess the time.sleep() on line 191 implies that there's
something we might want to wait for. I increased it by 10x and only
got 1 failure out of 10, so I guess that helps.

Thanks,

Graham