[Zope-dev] Proposal: add form support to zope.session.http.CookieClientIdManager

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Jul 10 09:09:40 EDT 2008

As it's name implies, the CookieClientIdManager manages HTTP client
ids using HTTP cookies. Recently, I've found it to be useful to be
able to get a client id via form data.  The reason is that flash
programs don't send browser cookies.  This bit me when trying to use
the YUI uploader, http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/uploader/, which uses
a flash program to select and upload files.  I'm using session
authentication and the only way I found to make it possible to upload
files to protected pages was to pass the client id as form data.  I
have a custom client id manager that gets the id from form data as
well as from a cookie.  I propose to merge this with
CookieClientIdManager.

Any objections?

Jim

--