[Zope-dev] Re: Zope3 installation on windows - how?

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Thu Jul 10 16:04:21 EDT 2008

Hermann Himmelbauer wrote:
> And there's once again this mingw32 problem.
>
> 4) Next, I tried zopeproject:
> $ easy_install zopeproject
> $ zopeproject HelloWorld
>
> First, zopeproject does not install the packages into the Python
> site-packages,

That's *intended*. That's, in fact, much better than stuffing about a
100 eggs into site-packages...

> What can I do? Is there perhaps some precompiled Windows distribution for
> Zope-3.4 available?

All Zope 3.4 packages that have C extensions are available as Windows
binaries, though perhaps not in all versions. The versions in the KGS
should all be available as Windows binaries, though. Just include
http://download.zope.org/zope3.4/versions.cfg in your buildout.cfg.