[Zope-dev] Re: [Plone-developers] PAULA: bringing Zope 3's authentication to Plone and beyond

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Sat Jul 12 14:33:42 EDT 2008

> I think you've misunderstood slightly here ... PAS was and is a Zope 2
> user folder implementation. It pre-dates Zope 3 (at least as we know it
> now).

I was referring to the thread at
http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-pas/2004-September/000086.html, entitled
"[Zope-PAS] Challengers (and Zope 3)" - but I do admit I haven't been
keeping a close eye on Zope3 since then so things may have changed (but the
claim PAS predates Zope 3 seems suspect in the context of that thread,
unless Zope 3 has changed since then in a way it no longer means Zope 3 ;)

Cheers,

Mark