[Zope-dev] Re: No events in zope.annotation

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Sat Jul 19 09:05:50 EDT 2008

Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 July 2008, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
>>> this came out of the ST project, where we constantly repeated this sort
>>> of code.
>> Not that it matters much, but I think it was Martijn Faassen who wrote it.
>
> ... who worked on ST at the time and saw this pattern there.

Yes, I forget the details, but I do recall this change being
schooltool-inspired or driven.

Obviously I don't understand Fred's rather strongly worded objections
either. :)

In Grok, we have grok.Adapter and grok.Annotation. grok.Annotation is, I
think, easy to explain: it's an adapter that actually persists its own
data. The factory pattern supports this.

Regards,

Martijn