[Zope-dev] Utility factory handling for zope.component

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Wed Jul 23 06:00:28 EDT 2008

Tools like GenericSetup which deal with mangement of utility
registration are a bit handicapped at the moment: even though you can
register a utility using a factory the utility registration itself
only runs the factory methods but does not keep any information on it.
As a result you can not round-trip utility registration information or
check if the current configuration has changed from an original
configuration.

To fix that I made a wichert-utility-factories branch of zope.component
which adds the factory information to the utility registration. All
changes are fully backbwards compatible at both the API and persistence
level.

If there are no objections I intend to merge the branch to trunk in a
few days.

Wichert.