[Zope-dev] Utility factory handling for zope.component

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Wed Jul 23 11:29:25 EDT 2008

Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 July 2008, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
>
>> If there are no objections I intend to merge the branch to trunk in a
>> few days
>>

> I am uncomfortable with the way you approached this. I think there are at
> least two other possibilities that I can see without having looked closer:
>
> 1. Use the info object. The point of the info is to contain this sort of
> information.

Which info object are you referring to? The only information I could see
for utility registration is a tuple, not an object. This is used to
build the UtilityRegistration object when querying registration
information, and I added a factory method there.

> 2. Make the component have a "factory" attribute. I have done this at some
> places for APIDOC as well.

Why would a component need to know how it was created? I can envision
that a component may very well have an attribute named factory for
something else entirely.

Wichert.

--
Wichert Akkerman<wichert at wiggy.net>    It is simple to make things.