[Zope-dev] DirectoryResource, Five and IAbsoluteURL

Malthe Borch mborch at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 13:16:41 EDT 2008

These three don't mix well; here's the setup:

Using ``zope.traversing.api.traverse``, we're able to traverse from the
site root to the directory resource, and on to the actual resource by
way of OFS.Traversable.

However, trying to get the absolute url of the resource fails, and it
seems to be an acquisition-wrapping thing.

We're in ``Products.Five.browser.resource.Resource``, and the directory
resource has the following aq_chain:

[<Products.Five.metaclass.DirectoryResource9 object at 0x9a1de30>,
  <Products.Five.metaclass.DirContainedImageResource9 object at 0x9a1d630>,
  <Products.Five.metaclass.DirectoryResource9 object at 0x9a1de30>]

A lethal cocktail. Can anyone shed light on this issue?

\malthe