[Zope-dev] Conflict Errors

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Jun 5 10:16:15 EDT 2008

On Jun 5, 2008, at 9:52 AM, David Otero Figueroa wrote:

> I would like to know:
> - Can conflict errors appear when reading objects from the ZODB?

Yes

> - Could conflict errors be the cause of a "spinning ZOPE" scenario?

Yes.

> - Is there any situation where ZOPE could try to write objects when
> rendering an "only read" page?

Yes.  Sessions can often cause writes, depending on how you use them
and on the session implementation you're using.

> - How can they be solved?

You can set a break point in ZODB.Connection.register and then look at
the call stack to see who's writing.

> - Can I realize partial commits? How to?

I don't know what a "partial commit" is.  You can commit more often.
This usually is a bad idea and wouldn't help if you don't intent to
write in the first place.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton