[Zope-dev] buildbot news: sending notifications and current broken builds

Marius Gedminas mgedmin at b4net.lt
Mon Jun 9 17:35:17 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 06, 2008 at 09:34:30AM -0400, Gary Poster wrote:
> On Jun 6, 2008, at 8:37 AM, Benji York wrote:
>> A suggestion: I'd like to have the tests run with --all.
>
> Heh, I was going to try and fix a time-out failure (zc.blist) by moving
> the intentionally long tests to --all...maybe there would be some way to
> say "don't run me with --all"?  Otherwise don't love this idea, though I
> understand its point.

There are two ways to avoid buildbot timeouts:

  * pass the -v option to the test runner (when buildout sees dots
    appearing it resets its timeout counter, and the dots themselves do
    not obscure errors in the log)
  * increase the buildbot timeout (pass timeout=60*60 to the step that
    runs the tests)

If even buildbot, who has the patience of a computer, is not running
tests that take a long time, will anyone else ever run them?

Marius Gedminas
--
Many people enjoy Perl, many enjoy Python, some enjoy /bin/tcsh.  The latter
population should however, needless to say, be put into working camps.