[Zope-dev] Re: [Checkins] SVN: zc.sourcefactory/branches/0.3/buildout.cfg Move to more modern buildout setup. In library packages we really don't want

Benji York benji at zope.com
Tue Jun 10 11:34:45 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 11:21 AM, Christian Theune <ct at gocept.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 11:12:22AM -0400, Benji York wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 10:42 AM, Christian Theune <ct at gocept.com> wrote:
>> > Log message for revision 87286:
>> >  Move to more modern buildout setup. In library packages we really don't want
>> >  to fix all the versions.
>>
>> Actually, I think we do want to fix the versions, but using the KGS.
>
> Maybe on a branch, but not on a trunk and not using a local implementation of
> `version=` ;)

I disagree; we should be explicit about what versions we test with
(including the trunk).  I believe this discussion has come up before;
I don't believe we came up with a hard and fast policy at that point.
I'm not interested enough to have the argument now, but for anything
that I maintain I'll certainly want nailed versions on the trunk (KGS
or otherwise).
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer