[Zope-dev] Re: [Checkins] SVN: zope.app.container/trunk/src/zope/app/container/browser/adding.py 1 include per line

Benji York benji at zope.com
Tue Jun 17 08:20:33 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 8:23 AM, Christophe Combelles <ccomb at free.fr> wrote:
> Benji York a écrit :
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 4:42 AM, Christophe Combelles <ccomb at free.fr>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Log message for revision 87419:
>>>  1 include per line
>>
>> Why's that?
>
> Not extremely important, but it's better for diffs and it allows
> easy-sorting of import lines. (and it's pep8)

It's not important (i.e., has little value), and not the status quo,
that's why I brought it up.

It's also not prescribed in PEP-8.  In fact PEP-328
(http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0328/#rationale-for-parentheses) was
introduced -- in part -- to make it easier to import multiple things
from a module.

I don't think the change should be reverted, but I also wouldn't want
this style to be promulgated.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer