[Zope-dev] Extend specification of how to maintain the changelog

Christophe Combelles ccomb at free.fr
Wed Jun 18 07:23:20 EDT 2008

Christian Theune a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> This post refers to Philipp's guide for `Maintaining software in the Zope
> software repository` [1].
>
> I noticed that I kept getting confused about maintaining CHANGES.txt entries
> when merging bug fixes around, looked around a bit and thought I'd share my
> findings.

(...)

> I find that Philipp's guide could be extended/clarified a bit more about this.
>
> Comments, suggestions, etc. welcome.

Hi Christian,

let's take a real package as an example (on which I recently did some merges)

CHANGES.txt on the trunk:
http://svn.zope.org/zope.app.container/trunk/CHANGES.txt?rev=87370

CHANGES.txt on the 3.5 branch:
http://svn.zope.org/zope.app.container/branches/3.5/CHANGES.txt?rev=87428

Given what you said, what should these files look like?

Christophe