[Zope-dev] Extend specification of how to maintain the changelog

Christophe Combelles ccomb at free.fr
Wed Jun 18 10:21:08 EDT 2008

Christian Theune a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 01:23:20PM +0200, Christophe Combelles wrote:
>> Hi Christian,
>>
>> let's take a real package as an example (on which I recently did some merges)
>>
>> CHANGES.txt on the trunk:
>> http://svn.zope.org/zope.app.container/trunk/CHANGES.txt?rev=87370
>>
>> CHANGES.txt on the 3.5 branch:
>> http://svn.zope.org/zope.app.container/branches/3.5/CHANGES.txt?rev=87428
>>
>> Given what you said, what should these files look like?
>
> *Almost* as they look like now, except that the changes from 3.5.1+ on the
> trunk would be visible as a change to 3.6. It would have only one entry for
> 3.5 which would be 3.5.0; and probably the pre-releases leading to the stable
> 3.5.0.

Something like this?
http://svn.zope.org/zope.app.container/trunk/CHANGES.txt?rev=87519

It allows to have a smaller changes.txt, but I see just one problem:

imagine there is an early bugfix in 3.5.1, before 3.6.0 is released.
If I understand well, the 3.5.1 bugfix should appear later in the trunk in the
3.6.0 section, but not in 3.5 ?

The risk is that people will think the bug is fixed in 3.6.0 and not in the 3.5
branch.