[Zope-dev] View component registration

Malthe Borch mborch at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 16:31:30 EDT 2008

Currently views are registered as components providing
zope.interface.Interface; this is unfortunate since other kinds of
components may use the same specification, namely (context, request).

An example of this is ``IAbsoluteURL``; it clashes with the resources view*.

In the words of Christian Theune: "I think it looks like one should
never ask for adaptions to Interface."

I suggest we then register views as components providing
``zope.component.IView``; browser views should provide
``zope.publisher.interfaces.browser.IBrowserView``.

\malthe

*) ``zope.app.publisher.browser.resources.Resources``.