[Zope-dev] Re: Extend specification of how to maintain the changelog

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Thu Jun 19 08:50:00 EDT 2008

On Jun 19, 2008, at 14:41 , Martijn Faassen wrote:

> Tres Seaver wrote:
>> Christian Theune wrote:
> [snip]
>>> My preference would be to have more important changes first.
>> Please don't make it a judgement call:  keep it time-descending
>> order,
>> just like the releases.  Among other things, this makes merge
>> conflicts
>> more obvious, and easier to to fix.
>
> With time-descending order you mean add more recent fixes to the top
> of the section, right? Where 'section' is probably the 'bug fixes'
> or 'features' section per release.

I'd vote for the simple time-based order with the newest entries at
the top as well. Matter of fact, unless there's such a large amount of
entries for a release that you need more order, I would do away with
sub-sections like "bug fixes", "features" etc as well. I'd put a
simple prefix at the front:

- BUG: Fixed behavior of foobar widget

- FEATURE: Added new bar widget for handling baz values.

- ...

jens